Everyone at Crumbs & Doilies has watched the spread of COVID-19 and the Coronavirus with great concern and as a business we have continually tried to maintain a safe environment both for our team and for the wider community of which we so love being a part.
Our shop in Soho remains closed and its status will be kept under review in line with government advice and best practice. We shall return to Soho in full force when the time is right to do so, and we would like to thank everyone who has visited and those who are yet to visit what we think is the best cake shop in London.
We are also currently closed to orders for cakes, cupcakes and brownies through crumbsanddoilies.co.uk. Because of the amount of effort and teamwork that goes into each and every one of our products we do not feel it appropriate to ask a large team to assemble each day to make cakes during the lockdown. As with our Soho store we look forward to re-opening for orders and thank everyone for their understanding as we join the fight against the spread of coronavirus.
We understand that everyone can get bored at home, and that our collective isolation will not be easy. Ingredients are hard to come by, and we will continue to ship our ranges of Cake Kits and other cupcake and cake making tools and equipment through cupcakejemma.com. Our decision to do so is based on our team members fulfilling all of the following criteria:
- Must live alone, or co-habit with a maximum of one other person, who is self-isolating and not subject to any government advice.
- Must have a safe, controlled and private journey to work without use of public transport (e.g. walking, cycling, driving in a car alone).
- Must not be symptomatic or have shared space with someone now known to be suffering or have suffered one or more of the coronavirus symptoms in the past two weeks.
- Must be completely happy to come to work and not feel they are putting themselves or anyone else at risk by doing so.
- Must adhere to all government advice and best practice at all times within the workplace, including maintaining a 2m distance from co-workers.
We will continue to asses both our team and the official government advice, but at present we can operate this online side of the business with a team of local and dedicated team members at what we consider to be very close to zero risk to themselves or their partners. Emails and enquiries may take slightly longer than usual to deal with during this time and we thank you for your understanding.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will announce any changes here and on our Instagram account, @crumbsanddoilies. Everybody at Crumbs & Doilies has been incredibly moved by the support we have received throughout this unprecedented time, and we cannot wait to be back baking for everyone as soon as we possibly can.
Jemma, Sam, Sally and everyone at Team C&D