- How and where are Crumbs & Doilies cupcakes and cakes made?
- Private orders are baked and decorated fresh and to order at our bakery in Wandsworth. We use only the very best ingredients available, including free range organic eggs, Lescure butter, organic Doves Farm flour, Valrhona cocoa, Callebaut chocolate and all-natural fruits, spices and other flavourings, including organic Madagascan vanilla. We do not operate a production line or use industrial machinery; all our cupcakes are freshly baked each day in small batches and iced one order at a time. It takes longer but they taste better.
- How long will my cakes stay fresh for?
All our products are made without artificial preservatives and we always recommend eating them on the day to enjoy them at their best. Depending on your needs you may want to get your cakes a day before you plan to serve them, and that's fine too - just store in their boxes at room temperature, or in the fridge if the weather is very warm.
When storing cake in the fridge always allow it to come to room temperature before serving - please note that for large cakes this can take several hours. In the (unlikely) event you find that you have cupcakes left over they’ll stay fresh for a day or so in their box, or an additional day in an airtight container. We do not recommend freezing our cakes.
- What size are your cupcakes?
- Our Big Cupcakes are standard cupcake size, about 2.5" diameter and our mini cupcakes are 1.5" in diameter. Big Cupcakes give about 3-4 bites and minis are bite-sized.
- What size are your cakes?
- Our Cakes are available in 6”, 8” and 10” diameter. The 6” cakes are approx 4.5” high and 8/10” cakes are between 5-6” high depending on flavour. A 6” cake provides 12-14 generous servings; 8” cakes serve 18-22 and 10” 30-36.
- What size are your brownies?
- Our Brownies and Bakes are available in 7” and 10” slabs and arrive whole for you to cut. a 7” will give approximately 9 generous squares and a 10” approximately 16 generous squares.
- Do you make Gluten free and vegan cupcakes?
- Yes - we feature both Vegan and Gluten Free flavours every day in our Soho store, and we have a selection available to order. Please note that we do not currently offer any flavours that are both vegan and gluten free, but we're working on it!
- How/Where do you deliver?
All our cakes and cupcakes need to be delivered directly by hand as they are both fresh and fragile. We deliver door-to-door in Central and SW London for around £4-£14, with an early delivery option also available if you’d like your cakes to arrive by 12pm. For orders that need to arrive at or by a more specific time please contact us.
For orders further afield please bear in mind that the cost of hand delivery, especially over long distances, can be very expensive. We don't make a profit on deliveries outside our standard area but do have to pass on full courier costs, which can be upwards of £90 outside the M25. If you need long-distance cupcakes you can always collect from us on the day or a day in advance.
- Can I collect my cakes from you?
- Of course - orders can be placed for collection from our main bakery in Wandsworth or our shop in Soho. Please bring confirmation of your order when collecting.
- Can I collect a day in advance?
- Collecting your cakes the day before you need them is fine. Please ensure you store and transport them safely as we cannot accept responsibility for cakes once they have been collected.
- How far ahead should I order?
We recommend ordering Cupcakes a minimum of two days in advance and Cakes and Brownies 3 days in advance, but we do get very busy so it’s worth allowing more time if you can. This is especially true for very large orders and orders involving lots of bespoke decoration. For weddings and other large orders it is advisable to give us as much notice as possible. Larger cakes, especially bespoke cakes, require more notice and we recommend giving at least two weeks’ notice or more if possible.
We will always try to accommodate last-minute orders whenever we can; if you have a cake or cupcake emergency and need an urgent order please call us on 0208 8874 8885 and we'll do our very best to help.
- What if I need to amend or cancel my order?
- If you need to change the date or details of your order or cancel it altogether please contact us as far in advance as possible. We will always be as accommodating as we can if you need to change or postpone an order but please bear in mind that we may have had to turn away other customers to fulfil your booking for a particular date so refunds/changes are not always possible. For a full run-down on our terms and conditions please see below.
- Full Terms & Conditions
By ordering bespoke cupcakes from Crumbs and Doilies Ltd you agree to the following Terms & Conditions.
Payment is needed to confirm online and telephone orders and until payment is received your order cannot be guaranteed. For orders booked via an invoice pro forma payment is strongly recommended, and we reserve the right to cancel any order still awaiting payment on the delivery date. Issuance and receipt of your invoice is taken as confirmation of your order and because we may have had to turn away other clients and start preparations for your order invoices will remain payable in the event of cancellation or postponement.
Deliveries are made by hand on the date specified in your order. All deliveries are undertaken by Crumbs & Doilies or our couriers. Please ensure someone is available at the delivery address on the day of your order; if there is no-one on hand to receive the cupcakes we will do our very best to leave them in a safe place (with a neighbour, receptionist, caretaker etc.) but we cannot keep hold of the cupcakes for re-delivery and they will be left at the address you have given us. If you would like us to deliver to your place of work or somewhere with a mailroom/courier point we are happy to do so but please note that Crumbs & Doilies cannot accept any liability for the treatment of your order or mishandling once a delivery has been made and the package/s signed for. All our drivers are instructed in the correct handling of the cakes and will always pass this information on to any postroom workers but once the cakes are signed for we cannot accept liability for the subsequent handling of your cupcakes.
All our cakes and cupcakes are baked to order and we do not accept returns. Refunds, credit notes or a replacement order to the same value will be given only in the event that you receive the incorrect product or if the products are shown to be of unsatisfactory quality. Should this be the case, or if you are in any way unsatisfied with the condition or quality of your cakes upon arrival you must contact us within 24 hours of receipt. Crumbs & Doilies will not accept liability for any complaints made after this time.
We reserve the right to use photographs of orders we prepare on our website, blog and social channels. If you would like to specifically request that we do not use pictures of your order, or that we provide you with a picture of your order we will usually be happy to do so but you must let us know at the time of ordering.
If you need to change the date or details of your order or cancel it altogether please contact us as far in advance as possible. Telephone and online orders cancelled 7 days or more before the delivery/collection date will receive a full refund on the order total; those cancelled within 3-6 days of delivery/collection will be entitled to a 50% refund; those cancelled within 48 hours of the order date will not be entitled to a refund (although refunds and credit notes may still be provided at C&D's discretion).
Customers who have booked and received an invoice from Crumbs & Doilies are entitled to a full refund on the order total for cancellations made 28 days or more in advance of the order date and a 50% refund for orders cancelled within 7-27 days of the order date. Orders cancelled within 7 days of delivery/collection will not be entitled to a refund (although refunds and credit notes may still be given at C&D's discretion).
- Are you hiring? Do you offer internships?
- We're a small team and in general if we're hiring we will advertise on our website and social media. We're always interested to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about cake though, and we also try and offer as many internships as possible throughout the year. If you'd like to be considered for an internship or any other position please email us including as much information about yourself as possible along with some photos of your work.